Introducing free memberships for women who code
In the 3 years that we have been active, we have used the term “members” pretty loosely. This is something we have been working on for quite a while and now we are ready to launch community memberships! 🎉 These memberships are free of charge, but not open to all. After all, we are still a community for women who code in Belgium 🇧🇪 .
Looking back at the core elements of our organisation
From early on our goal has been to support, inspire and motivate women who code. By launching free memberships, we believe that we can do a better job at reaching these goals.
So far the following initiatives have been taken:
- creating/maintaining a safe space, both offline and online
- create opportunities to start or improve public speaking skills
- a monthly newsletter, filled with curated materials
- a new interview each month, where we put a focus on Belgian women who code and their story
- organising all kinds of women-only events to stimulate networking and friendships between members
Most of these initiatives have had a very positive impact on the people we have spoken with so far and so we feel this is a good direction for us to move forward in. Memberships are a part of that direction and they will help us grow our community.
So what does this membership entail?
As mentioned before, memberships will be free of charge and will contain some extra benefits.
The benefits we are offering on launch are as follows:
- Become a part of our private online community space and network
- Connect with fellow peers from all over Belgium
- Share experiences and expertise
- Talk off the record about professional topics & issues
- Engage in informal discussions about a broad range of topics & interests
- Be supported and inspired by fellow peers
- Get notified of ALL upcoming community events
- A space where you can ask advice and feedback on how to improve your professional profile
- Get access to member-only events such as:
- Online network events
- Lady dinners*
- Game sessions
- Pub nights*
- Occasional discounts for conferences and workshops
And possibly more can be added in the future with the help of members and volunteers.
*Temporarily postponed due pandemic